Movie from YCEAS 2019
Now we have completed the 2019 Young Global Center of Excellence in Advanced Steels.
We received the evaluation from the doctoral students, which is excellent.
This year, new steel industries have participated that have not been part of the program before. We have also expanded the geography to Värmland with Karlstad University and Uddeholm AB, as well as new participating universities, the University of Birmingham and the Technical University of Delft. This means that we are expanding the network of participating partners both within and outside Sweden’s borders.
We arranged the fifth summer research school and now we are starting to see that the business is expanding its results.
The purpose from the beginning was to showcase the Swedish steel industry and the steel region for international doctoral students around the world. This will increase the attractiveness of the Swedish steel industry internationally.
Today we have just over 40 good ambassadors for Sweden, our steel region and the Swedish steel industry.
• Collaborations between participating universities have been established
• Two of the participating doctoral students currently work at Swedish mining and steel companies
• We have reported interest in coming to Sweden after completing research studies and working in the steel industry, both in research departments and in production.
• Desire for traineeships and to be part of research collaborations
• Demand for doing business with Swedish steel companies has started to come.
We who are engaged and run the business keep in touch with most of the participants. From the 2017 participants, we have contact with everyone via a LinkedIn group, to which we strive for all participants and partners to join easily to find the contacts we want to make and to build the network. It is not fully active or built up yet, but the goal is that LinkedIn becomes the summer research school’s premier network site